Kelvin-isms & Kel-kwips:
. . . the world according to me: the things I say, the philosophies I live by. . . my little slant on reality. Life. . . love. . . happiness. . . marriage. . . relationships. . . cats. Some are my originals, some are borrowed and/or modified, and sometimes I'm not sure which is which. But, they're all worthy of thought -- according to me (smile).
(Ism - "a distinctive doctrine, cause, or theory " )
On Life in General:
- Kelvin's Law of Cosmic Reciprocity:
What goes around, comes around!
- We teach best, what we most need to learn
(Richard Bach, from "Illusions; The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah")
- If you see a snake, kill it.
Don't appoint a committee on snakes. (Ross Perot)
- If I don't want to loan you my ax. . .
one excuse is just as good as another.
- Just because you know how to talk...
doesn't mean you have to...
Never interfere with a *working* relationship
Just because *you* don't like it, doesn't mean it's not good for *them*
Don't start a relationship hoping that the person will change.
If you do, you enter a relationship with the intent of changing them and you'll likely be disappointed. The only person you can change is yourself.
- A man chases a woman...
until she catches him...
(quip: " a witty or funny observation or response usually made on the spur of the moment")
- If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
If you don't like ducks... don't mess with it.
- Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes your time, and annoys the pig.
- He who laughs last. . . is usually alone.